ANTE UP 21 RULES OF PLAY
Players first put up two bets: a bet in the “21”spot for the Blackjack hand, and a bet in the “ANTE” spot for the poker hand. The table minimum applies to both bets.
- Players must play both spots,“21” and “ANTE”, in order to play the poker hand.
- The “ANTE” bet may not exceed the “21” bet.
- The “21” bet may be greater than the “ANTE” bet.
DEAL AND BET POKER:
Everyone is dealt two cards. The player then chooses to fold or bet his poker hand.
If the player chooses to play poker, he places a bet on the “BET” spot.
- The “BET” must be the same amount as the “ANTE”.
- Choosing not to play poker forfeits the “ANTE” bet.
- After all players have made their poker decision, the dealer then checks his hand for a natural Blackjack.
After the betting decisions have been made, the game of Blackjack begins.
- Dealer must hit “soft” 17.
- Insurance is allowed on the “ 21” bet only.
- No “surrender” allowed.
- Busted hands will remain in play for poker if the player has made a poker “BET”.
- If all players bust their blackjack hands, but one or more has made a poker bet, the dealer will complete his blackjack hand.
Once the dealer completes the Blackjack play, he then compares his hand, as well as his best two-card poker hand, to that of each player.
- The dealer must qualify with a QUEEN-HIGH or better.
If the dealer does not qualify, the player will win even money on the “ANTE”, and push on the “BET”.
- Straights and flushes DO NOT play for the poker portion of the game. Only pairs and high cards are used to make the final poker hand.
- A player who has split his hand may use only the first two cards dealt for his final poker hand.
- With a dealer’s natural Blackjack, the player will win, lose or tie on the “ANTE” and receive a push on the “BET”.
- Tied hands are a push.
POKER BONUS EDITION:
- To play the POKER BONUS, a $1.00 bet is placed in the “POKER BONUS” spot.
- The player may only use his first two cards to make a POKER BONUS hand.
- The player may only use the dealer’s up card to make three of a kind (but not pairs) for the POKER BONUS.
- Player’s making the POKER BONUS bet must play the poker portion of the game.